... The Minlaton Museum ...
The Museum and Shop are open:
- Tuesday to Friday 9.30am - 1.00pm
- Saturday 9.30am - 12.00pm noon
For further information contact:
- June - 88532157
- Mel - 88532027
- Max - 88532312
Main Street, Minlaton
The Minlaton Museum, located in the main Street, is housed in the former General Store. The large front window was originally a double doorway to provide access for horse drawn delivery vans to the storerooms.
The Museum houses a very comprehensive collection of items from local pioneer homesteads, farms and of course - "The Captain Harry Butler Room" devoted to Minlaton's famous son.
The museum shop offers unique Harry Buttler souvenirs and a very interesting range of Country Crafts locally and lovingly made - ideal for gift giving.
Minlaton Museum Photos
Mr E. Jahne's store & Methodist church
Minlaton looking North
Walkingtons shop now Jaehnes
Fourth Street, Minlaton from Post Office
Marlowe Building now Harvest Corner
Minlaton Police Station 23-06-1906
Main Street Minlaton
Williams & Kumnick, Blacksmiths & Machinists
S. Cross, Tom Carmichael, Alf Penberthy, J. Williams, H. Williamson, August Pfiefer
Williams & Kumnick, Blacksmiths & Machinists. Horses carefully shod
S. Cross. Coachbuilder & Painter
George Parish & Hartley Cross. W. R. Trehearne's delivery van
Inside Museum when Hardware Shop
Porters Garage. H. W. & R. A. Porter Proprietors, Authorised General Motors Dealers.
Chevrolet Cars & Trucks. Buik & Oldsmobile Astrol. Now Retra Vision 1997
D. J. Underwood Chemist. Next to Hotel
Billiard Saloon. Proprietor C. S. Chenoweth Main Street Minlaton. Now Football Club 1997. Shops Left to Right. Goldsbrough Mort & Co Ltd. Stock & Station Agents. Billiard Saloon. Hairdresser & Tobacconist. Confectioner & Cool Drinks. C. S. Chenoweth Proprietor.
Charlie Chenowenth owner & Barber of Barber shop. Barber Mr. allen.
Inside Shop. Billiard room was behind this room (Barbers C. Chenoweth)
Billiard Saloon. Charlie Chenoweth Main St Minlaton.
Other shops Left to Right. Harry Porter. Fruit & Vegetables. Billiards Saloon C. S. Chenoweth.
Truck N.L. Chenoweth Minlaton Phone 55.
Minlaton Wine saloon. Main St Minlaton. Now converted to 2 units by Mr. McWaters 1997 (opposite museum)
Charlie Chenoweth Billiard Saloon.
Other shops. Tailor above the car. ?berts behind the stogie pole. Clarke & Virgo General Storekeepers. Harry Porter Fruit & Vegetables. Billiard Saloon C. S. Chenoweth.
H. R. Burley & Driver. Preparing the driveway on the West Tce. Property ready for carriers yard.
Old Town Hall renovated to a 2 storey building.
Moving the totalisator.
machine for computing bets made on races?
Old Reo. Taking school children for a picnic. H. Brevnen Garage.
Taken from the Town Hall Balcony looking South. Left first shop. Miller & Poole. Second shop. Phone 79 Stan Johnson Butcher.
Taken from the Town Hall Balcony (McPharlin)
The home of Mr. & Mrs Miles on West Terrace. Minlaton . Dating pre World War 2
Minlaton CWA at saleyards luncheon building.
Mick Chambers, Mrs. F. Tonkin, Mrs Bill Poole
Croquet Club. Top Row. Ada Schwartz, Jess Parsons, Ethel Klaebe, K. Ford, Kemp.
Second Row. Alma Williams, Maude Williams, Captain Mrs. J. Cook, Mytrle Longbottom, Hilda Hickman.
Croquet Club. From right. Ross Martin, Mrs. Stan Johnson, Mrs. J. Cook, Myrtle Longbottom, Kitty Fory, Maud williams.
Beginning of the bowling green
Next stage of the green
The end of construction & groundsman rolling the lawn.
Looking up Second Street from the bowling club house.
Procession of Minlaton Coronation Day 1911
Minlaton Town Band (1914-1918)
Standing from left. Tom Porker, Roy Williams, Ack McKenzie, Harry Penberthy, Stan Brown, (The Parson) Don Mckenzie, Perc Tonkin, & Wilf McKenzie. Squatting. Eric Cook, Dockie Barlow, Splint Brown, Joe Barlow, Bert McKenzie.
George Miles. Son of Mr. Bill Miles West Terrace Minlaton.
He belonged to the Minlaton Motor Cycle Racing Club pre World War 2.
George King Transport
Gum Flat north of Minlaton.
Taken at Minlaton swamp. Perce Grabia & Perce Milne ( with the black hat on )
Sometime early 1920's. Minlaton Councillors taken in front of the Council Chambers, Main street Minlaton.
One of the old trucks in the 1930's in Minlaton.
Council Inspection Day 1935 Inspection of District 1935
Councillors 1936. R. Wilkinson Photo 1936
Floods on Maitland road near Brian Cooks.
Floods on Maitland road at Brian Cooks.
Minlaton Coarsing Club
Mr. & Mrs J. Rattley. Bootmaker in Minlaton early days.
Frank Tilbrook Minlaton (the baker boy) 1920
One of the old tractors in Minlaton.
Harry Butler Airmail Envelope
Davits at Buffs Beach
Minlaton School 1884-1885
Postcard C. Poole